We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our clients and website visitors. This policy provides you with a clear view of the personal information that we collect about you in person and via third parties such as insurance providers and how we use and store this data at Elevate Physiotherapy.
Information About Elevate Physiotherapy
Company Name: Elevate Physiotherapy Limited
Trading Office: Elevate Physiotherapy, The Spud Shed, Spencer’s Farm, Rufford Rd L40 3SA
Registered Office: Elevate Physiotherapy, The Spud Shed, Spencer’s Farm, Rufford Rd L40 3SA
Incorporation Date: 3rd September 2014
Companies House Number: 09201641
Location of Incorporation: England and Wales
What information do we collect?
We will need to ask you for certain personal information in order to provide appropriate treatment and services. This may be processed and transmitted electronically, on paper or both; a combination of working practices and technology are used to ensure that your information is kept confidential and secure.
- Information that we may ask you for when you visit the clinic includes but is not restricted to the following:
- Details about you, such as name, address, date of birth, gender, contact number, email address, GP and/or consultant details.
- How you heard about us.
- Contact the practice has had with you, including appointments past and future, and Pilates classes attended. This will include dates, times, practitioner and charges made.
- Relevant medical history.
- Details about treatment and care received.
- Relevant information from other health professionals e.g x-ray or scan results..
- Relevant information regarding compliments, concerns or complaints.
- Information about your insurance company – such as company name, insurance membership number and claim number.
- Information regarding payment method and payments received.
- Information we may receive from a third party such as employers occupational health department or insurance company e.g. BUPA, AXA, physiomed, Nuffield Health:
- Details about you, such as Name, Address and Date of Birth, Gender, contact number and email address.
- Details of relevant reports such as Triage appointment, consultants report, date of accident, cause of injury.
- Information gathered when you visit our web site:
- Details such as Name, address Number and email address that you give us when you register for online booking or complete our contact us form.
- We can collect your IP Address, information about what pages you viewed on our site, how much time you spent on our site.
Change of details
It is important that you tell the physiotherapist treating you if any of your details such as your name or address have changed or if any of your details such as date of birth is incorrect in order for this to be amended. You have a responsibility to inform us of any changes so our records are accurate and up to date for you.
How do we use your information?
Elevate Physiotherapy collects and holds data for the sole purpose of providing effective and appropriate treatment to our patients and we will ensure that the information is kept confidential.
In order to facilitate effective and appropriate treatment we use the information in the following ways:
- In order to correctly identify individual patients.
- For the basis of appropriate treatment.
- For clinical audit to monitor the quality of the service we provide. In this case some data may be held centrally and used for statistical purposes. When we do this, we ensure that patient records cannot be identified.
- Communication, including appointment reminders via your mobile phone, or email.
- Invoicing for treatment received.
- To provide a personal exercise plan via email. This information (i.e. name, email address and exercises) is held externally but within the European economic area.
Disclosure of information
Access to your personal information
You have a right under the GDPR Act 2018 to ask us to provide you with the information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. If you would like to access a copy of your information, please contact the clinic using the following contact details. firstname.lastname@example.org There may be a charge for this service.
Other circumstances where we would be required to disclose personal information would be
- If we are required to do so by law
- You have provided consent either implicitly for the sake of your own care, or explicitly for other purposes
- If we contact your GP or your consultant via a letter we would first seek your verbal consent, the letter would contain your name, date of birth, address and appropriate clinical information.
Third Party Service Providers
We may employ third party companies and/or individuals to facilitate our service, provide the service on our behalf, perform service-related tasks or to assist us in analysing how our service is used. These third parties have access to your personal information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Elevate Physiotherapy is a private medical company and do not retain personal data for longer than necessary. Elevate Physiotherapy follow guidelines in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and its replacement GDPR where records form legal record of treatment and therefore must be retained safely and securely. The legal requirement to retain records for a certain period relates to the legal period for bringing civil claims under Personal Injury Law or Contract law as defined by the Limitation Act 1980 and The Limitation (Northern Ireland) Order 1989. Elevate Physiotherapy aims to store health records securely for a maximum of seven years, or in the case of minors, until the individual reaches 21 years of age (or whichever of these is the longest).
Security of your data
We are committed to keeping your information safe. We take all reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. At the same time, no service can be completely secure therefore, if you have any concerns that your personal information has been put at risk, please let us know.
We may update this privacy statement from time-to-time by posting a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes.